The 14th Annual Clinch River Antiques Festival will be held on October 10th and 11th, 2014, in Historic Downtown Clinton, Tennessee. The Festival begins with a kickoff party Friday evening, October 10th from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. in the Hoskins/Lane Park on Market Street. There will be plenty of food and live musical entertainment with the downtown shops open late for the event. There are over 85 antique dealers located in shops in and around the Historic Downtown District.
On Saturday, October 11th , the RAIN or SHINE event is scheduled from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Market Street will be closed to traffic as antique dealers and artisans line the street for the Antiques Festival. The festival will accommodate over 90 exhibitors from all over East Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, as well as other surrounding states.
A Shuttle will be available for festival goers this year. Shuttle stops will be on N. Main Street at Leinart Street, Clinton Middle School overhang on Hicks Street, the corner of W. Broad/Hillcrest and Marshall Streets, and at the Clinton Elementary School parking lot off Marshall Street.
This year’s festival will feature:
- Antique Appraiser will be available to appraise your personal treasures.
- Reenactment of the famous Aaron Burr – Alexander Hamilton Duel at 12:30pm
- Beautiful cars from the Clinton Regional AACA Antique Car Club
- Live entertainment
- Young festival-goers can join the fun hosted by First Baptist Church of Clinton. Children’s activities are open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and are free of charge. Activities are open to children up to Grade 6 and require the presence of a parent or guardian.
- A wide variety of food for the family
“The festival continues to grow beyond our expectations. We expect over 10,000 for this year’s event”, said Chamber President Jackie Nichols. The festival is presented by the Anderson County Chamber of Commerce in cooperation with the City of Clinton. Sponsors for this year’s festival are Regions Bank, Tennova Healthcare, Methodist Medical Center and Bojangles. For additional information call the Chamber at 865-457-2559.